Do you want to study in Canada as undergraduate or postgraduate? Here are the available International Scholarship in Canada that you may wish to apply for.
Canada Scholarship are for international students offered and sponsored by the Canadian government. This is to enable and help international students acquire a good education.
Why You Need To Study In Canada?
One outstanding quality of Canada is that there are two languages spoken there: English and French. The Canadian people are very friendly and the environment accommodating for international students.
Canada boasts of 96 universities, scattered across the country. 26 out of the 96 ranks high among the world’s top universities. The wide range of courses includes Computer Science and IT, Media Journalism, Agricultural Science and Forestry, Business and Finance, and a host of others.
Some health insurances are offered for free by some provinces to international students.
Eligibility for Canadian universities
You will need to prove your language proficiency, provide transcripts from previous education, prove your financial capabilities and medical coverage. You will also need to prove your major when applying for most Canadian universities.
The following are some of the scholarships available in Canada and the required information necessary for their application.
The Canadian Visa Study Hub $500 Scholarship Contest
This scholarship is for current international students and postgraduate workers in Canada. It gives members of the Canada Visa Study Hub the opportunity to win the sum of $500 every month. This is done based on random selection. The contest is offered online via the Study Hub. There is no deadline for the application.
Eligibility for the Application
- Be a member of the Canada Visa Study Hub.
- Have a valid study permit and/or postgraduate work permit.
- Provide proof of enrolment at a Canadian higher institution.
The Canadian Graduate Scholarships – Master’s Program (CGS M)
The CGS M scholarship program is for all international students on permanent residency in support of their research in the field of health, engineering, natural sciences, social sciences and humanities. The program helps up to 2000 students enrolled in Canadian higher institutions. The application must be submitted through the Research Portal.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Be a student at the Master’s or Doctoral level or is an applicant at the Canadian institution with a CGS M allocation.
- Not be a past recipient of the scholarship.
- Has achieved a first-class average.
Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS)
The scholarship helps to fund the studies of graduate students. It is valued at $10000 and $15000, depending on the number of terms. It is funded by the Ontario government and the destination school. The deadline varies depending on the department or program of study.
The applicant must:
- Be enrolled in a graduate program at the Master’s/Doctoral level.
- Be registered in full time studies for two or more terms.
- Have a valid study permit.
- Attend a participating Ontario school.
Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award at the University of British Columbia (undergraduate scholarship)
The applicant must:
Be applying for his/her first degree
- Be an international student
- Enter from a recognized secondary school.
- Be an A student
- Demonstrate a great level of financial need.
- Must meet the UBC English language admission requirement by January 2020.
University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship (Master’s and PhD)
The scholarship has annual funding of $2.1 million. It is for all faculties, except MBA students and is open to all students, regardless of nationalities.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA, though some faculties require a higher GPA.
- He must be a full-time student without provision.
University of Calgary (private-sector sponsored scholarships)
Average tuition cost is $27,799.
Programs are for the Engineering, Business, Medicine, Veterinary Sciences and Development Studies.
University of Canada West (MBA scholarship)
Scholarship is up to $11700 in tuition.
- Acceptable score on GMAT and GRE within the last five years.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Commerce.
- A minimum of two years professional experience.
Apply for currently open Scholarships in Canada for international students to study for undergraduate, masters and PhD degrees
Studying in Canada is becoming increasingly attractive to international students.
Over the past 10 years, the Canadian government’s policies have been directed at increasing the international student population. In 2015, a study shows that there were over 350,000 international students studying in Canada. This number is expected to increase to 500,000 students by 2020.
Our comment box is for questions and contributions so feel free to make a contribution on the post. We are always at your Service! Thanks.
All right reserved
No publication and content on this website may be reproduced or duplicated without the express consent of SoundVico.com.